Saturday, May 12, 2007

No Pain, No Gain

So, the daily riding update. Today was to be a 4 hour ride, I decided instead of time, to go for distance, I wanted to do 100 km along the Rhein. So, I set out pretty early. Mother Nature decided she didn't have enough fun with me yesterday and decided to go from sunny to showers and back several times. This did not make it too much fun, but I was determined to make 100 km. At around 47 km, I came across a railroad track which wasn't exactly perpendicular to the road, I did my best to improve the angle, however, it quickly proved me wrong. My front tire hit the wet rail and quickly slid sideways and down into the gully of the rail, I quickly followed as well. Fortunately I only got roughed up, nothing serious. The bike only had some damage to the handlebar tape. Well, as I said, I was 47 km in and had to decide first if I could still ride, I could, second do I keep going forward to the 50 mark or turn around immediately. As I said, I was determined, so I kept going. There were a few rough parts, but in the end I am glad I did. I can now say I have done a 100 km ride here in Germany. Fortunately, tomorrow is a recovery day with just a 1 hour ride. I plan on staying along the river in Bonn for that one.



A few of the Battle Scars...

1 comment:

Andrea M said...

I would like to point out these are the tame battle scars. You would not like to see the ones he didn't take a picture of. Ick.