Friday, May 11, 2007

Copenhagen Update

Hello All. I know it has been a few days since I got back from Denmark, but it has been busy. So, here is the travel report...

Copenhagen was a really nice city. I would like to research some more to see if there is enough to do for a long weekend, I think the family would really like it. I just loved that there was so much water. Not just the canals and the sea, but fountains everywhere! They are very bicycle and pedestrian friendly as well. Instead of a square like you find in Germany, they have a very long pedestrian road (at least 12 blocks long) that is lined with stores and resturants.

I had no problems communicating, everywhere I went they spoke English, except for the guy selling hot dogs, but he understood German, plus it isn't hard to coordinate getting a hot dog with mustard :) He was actually selling French Hot Dogs, a baguette which has one end cut off and a hole in the middle for the hot dog to slide into. Really tasty.

The other fun thing I did was get a bicycle from the hotel to go out and sightsee a little bit. I did the complete tourist thing too, I wore my camera around my neck so I could take pictures.

To change topics, if you were interested in the cycling update, there isn't one. The best laid plans... mother nature messes up. I think she really had a good laugh on me today. As I was riding my motorcycle home from work, it started to pour as I came up our hill and it continued as I got changed. So I decided to go to the gym and take the back to back spinning classes. The gym is really nice, the spinning room looks out over the square. And of course, what do I see as soon as the class starts, the clouds part and the sun comes out... Oh well, hopefully she got her laugh in today and I can get a ride in tomorrow morning!

No comments: