Thursday, May 10, 2007

Starting a new program

While on my last really long business trip, I did not get a chance to excersize much, however I did pick up a bicycling magazine. This magazine had an article which featured a "Spring Break Training" program. The objective is to really kick up your rides in a 17 day period in an effort to get you into summer cycling shape a little early this year. I read through it and it seemed like it would be a good challenge. The majority of the riding was in the first 11 days, then you take 2 days off before finishing it up. So, I decided that I was going to do it. The timing was perfect, I don't travel again until June 13 and there is a long weekend next weekend (thanks to one of the many German Holidays!) So today was the first day. I did a nice 65 km ride to start things off. If everything goes to plan, I will have ridden over 1000 km by the end of the month!

To help me plan my routes, I am using an awesome site www.mapmyride.com. I have mentioned it before, but it is just so cool I have to mention it again. One thing I really like is you can see the profile of the ride, so you know how much you are going to suffer! Below is the profile of today's ride. Tomorrow I am going to plan on a nice ride along the river towards Koblenz - aiming for 90 km tomorrow!


No comments: