Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Rain, Rain, Rain

Hello all! Sorry it has been a few days but it has been a little crazy here.

So, on Sunday, my neighbor and I joined up to go for a nice short ride. I promised my wife "No Railroad tracks". Well, about 13 km into the ride, that rule was broken, however my neighbor pointed out they were for a tram car and not a big train, so it doesn't count. What really didn't count was the fact that I kept the rubber on the road instead of the results of the last railroad crossing. We rode a new route to avoid all of the walkers and ended up riding a little bit longer than the hour I wanted to. 45.5 km later, we ended up home again. The rest of Sunday was rather unremarkable except for watching some of the Giro d'Italia.

Monday was an interesting day... a pretty normal day at work, came home and took a short 25.5 km ride. However, earlier in the day my son hurt himself at school and long story short, his pinky was not looking so good by 8 PM, so we loaded him up and off to the hospital for x-rays, yup, he is my boy! The first hospital didn't have anyone working that could take x-rays so off to hospital number 2. Fortunately, nothing broken, just a little tape to keep the pinky from doing too much.

The last two days were supposed to be short rides, however we are stuck in eternal rain here and with being out late on Monday I have decided to give my legs a little rest. I think they need it because the next 4 days are 4+ hours of riding each day!

No comments: