Monday, December 31, 2007

The next two years

Ok, so I skipped the post about Finland... it was cold, very nice, but cold. I should be going back in March and get a chance to see a little more and post a little better about it.

The big news in case you haven't heard is we are staying in Germany another two years. I have been offered a job with another department which is going to give me a great amount of experience and the family decided it isn't all that bad here, so why not.

We will be moving to a new place, a house instead of an apartment. Officially it is the same size as this place, but the floor plan is much better. There isn't a lot of wasted space and the rooms are shaped a little better. There is also a basement for storage and the most important part, a yard to let the kids loose in.

We have also decided that I have done a great job taking public transit for two years and since I sold the motorcycle with the thought of returning to the US, it only makes sense that I should get a set of wheels, in this case a set of 4.

It was a really easy decision for me, since our first trip here I have fallen for the BMW 1-Series, not the sedan that they are now selling in the US, a better one. Fortunately the dealer had a 120i that they had been using as a demo, so it was a done deal really quick. Now the hard part is going to be figuring out how to get it imported to the US in two years!



No comments: